Saturday 1 May 2010

7 Movie Questions


The latest blogger's questionnaire, completed by Mike over at You Talking To Me? http://mikesyoutalkingtome.blogspot.com/ amongst others.

1) What was you first movie-going experience?
The Jungle Book, though I don’t have much of a memory of seeing it. Return to Oz a few years later made a much stronger impression. But the first one that really meant something was Home Alone.

2) How many DVDs do you own?
Estimate: 500.

3) What is your guilty pleasure movie?
Problem Child and Shining Through are two that spring to mind.

4) You have compiled a list of your top 100 movies. Which movies didn't make the cut?
Lists are too changeable for me to answer this one.

5) Which movie(s) do you compulsively watch over and over again?
These days, mainly older stuff: Bringing Up Baby, The Lady Vanishes, and the Sherlock Holmes films. Also, Sling Blade, Gremlins, Talk To Her, and Paradise.

6) Classic(s) you're embarrassed to admit you haven't seen yet?
A lot of Tarkovsky, and quite a bit of Bergman.

7) What movie posters do you have hanging on your wall?
These days, sadly, zero. In the 90s, one of practically every film that I saw.

3 comments:

  1. It's okay, I've only seen one Tarkovsky movie (The Mirror) which was dense and in serious need of better subtitles.

    I remember seeing Return to Oz when I was little. I was home sick and begged my mom to rent it (maybe I thought it was the original, I don't remember) and it scared the crap out of me, especially that cart thing that had a head and chased Dorothy. I don't remember anything else about it but I'd love to see it again just to show myself how much stronger I have become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good quiz...will have to think of some better questioaires for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike - based on what I’ve seen of his work so far, I’d say Tarkovsky is vastly overrated. The only one I really liked was IVAN’S CHILDHOOD.

    As for RETURN TO OZ, it’s *still* scary, believe you me. Those “Wheelers” freak me out every time.

    ReplyDelete